Tanzania Birds & Wildlife Tour
Tour Spot Available
Tanzania Birding Tour
Join Bellbird’s spectacular birds & wildlife tour in Tanzania ! The Serengeti; a vast unspoiled savannah, hosts the most spectacular concentration of animals on our planet: herds of wildebeest, gazelles and zebras; lions, leopards, cheetahs and smaller predators; and scavengers such as jackals and vultures are ever present. This tour allows plenty of opportunity to savor the big game and find many classic East African birds. Equally world-renowned is the Ngorongoro Crater, with lush forests at the rim overlooking the grasslands and lakes of the Crater below. This is Africa in a microcosm.
Birdwatching in Tanzania
Breathtaking scenery, superb birding and great wildlife, including the endangered Black Rhinoceros, it offers excellent photographic opportunities. We also visit three other fine National Parks, all of which offer additional birding and wildlife opportunities. Arusha National Park is a highland area of extinct volcanoes covered in thick forest, holding localized birds and mammals; Tarangire National Park is famous for its bizarre Baobab trees and offers the best elephant-watching opportunities of the tour as well as excellent birding; Lake Manyara National Park is a compact area nestled beneath the towering Rift Valley cliffs. It encompasses a soda lake, with a large variety of waterbirds.
We stay in comfortable lodges with beautiful, bird-rich gardens and we also include “off the beaten track” areas that give us the best chance for more birds. We’ll also visit the huge expanse of Lake Victoria adding many new bird species. Expect a bird list exceeding 400 species and 40-50 species of mammals!
Tanzania Birds & Wildlife
- Open-billed Stork, Heuglin’s Courser, Kori Bustard
- Square-tailed Nightjar, Black and Blue-headed Coucals
- Scarlet-chested Sunbird, Red and Yellow Barbets
- Magpie Shrikes, various fiscal shrikes, bushshrikes
- Ostrich, Secretary Bird, turacows
- larks, finches, queleas, oxpeckers
- tinkerbirds, woodpeckers, hornbills
- raptors incl Martial Eagle, Lesser & Greater Kestrel
- Hill Babbler, White-starred Robin
- Cinnamon Bracken-Warbler, Golden-winged Sunbird
- Black-backed Puffback, Northern Olive Thrush, greenbuls
- Montane White-eye, Mountain Yellow Flycatcher
- African Ground Hornbill
- mammals including the “Big Five”
- African Elephant, Black Rhino, Giraffe, Gazelles
- Zebra, Impala, Antilopes, Warthog
- Lion, Cheetah, Leopard
- Black Rhinoceros, Hippopotamus
- Hyena, Colobus Monkey, Nile Crocodile
- and many more…!