Australian Endemic Families Birding tour
Australia Endemics Birding
Join us on our new and exciting Endemic Families of Australia Birding Tour.
The aim is to find ALL of Australia’s endemic families and a number of near-endemic families.
Australia is in the enviable position of having the most endemic bird families of any country in the world with a total of 8. This tour focuses on finding at least 1 species from each of those families. We’ll travel from the South-West to the South-East to the stunning rainforest of Lamington National Park, spending time in a diverse range of habitats. Along with our 8 endemic families we’ll also be looking for some iconic families and genus that makes Australian birding something not to be missed including Bowerbirds, Birds of Paradise, Logrunner, Australian Treecreepers, Fairywrens, Australian Robins and more. Tantalising add-on options exist.
One or more member(s) of each of Australia’s endemic bird families:
- Plains-wanderer – Emu – Magpie-goose
- Superb Lyrebird – Black-throated Whipbird
- Noisy Scrub-bird – Western Bristlebird
- Striated Pardalote – Crested Shriketit
- White-winged Chough
- Regent Bowerbird, Crested Bellbird
- Paradise Riflebird, Aus Owlet-nightjar
- White-throated Treecreeper, Superb Fairywren
- Australian Logrunner, Grey-crowned Babbler
- Red-capped Robin, Varied Sittella & more!