Tantalising Thailand Birding Tour
Thailand Birding Tour
This tour covers the main birding sites of this fascinating country with its diverse birdlife including beautiful and rare specialties. The birdlife ranges from huge hornbills to tiny flowerpeckers, supplemented by an influx of migrants from northern Asia.
Birdwatching in Thailand
Thailand has a superb network of reserves containing representative examples of every major habitat from lowland rainforest to montane evergreen forest and high altitude, moss-encrusted rhododendron thickets. Our tour through this exotic, vibrant and beautiful country with its diverse ethnic groups, age-old monarchy and rich cultural heritage has great appeal and will no doubt delight and surprise you. We will look for a host of localised species including Siamese Fireback, Great Hornbill, Banded Kingfisher, Silver-breasted Broadbill, Coral-billed Ground Cuckoo, Blue and Eared Pitta, White-rumped Falcon, Black-headed Woodpecker, Grey Peacock-Pheasant, Green Cochoa, Spot-breasted Parrotbill, Red-faced Liocichla, Giant Nuthatch and Green Peafowl just to name a few. Over 400 species are possible yet the pace is always relaxed!
Birds in Thailand
- Over 400 species possible including:
- Siamese Fireback, Great Hornbill
- Banded Kingfisher, Blue Pitta
- Silver-breasted Broadbill, Kalij Pheasant, Eared Pitta
- Mangrove Pitta, Banded Pitta
- Coral-billed Ground Cuckoo
- Green Peafowl, Black-headed Woodpecker, Green Broadbill
- Spot-breasted Parrotbill
- Grey Peacock-Pheasant, Green Cochoa, Red-crowned Barbet
- White-rumped Falcon, Brown-winged Kingfisher
- Great Iora, Spoon-billed Sandpiper!