Tasmania Birding Tour
Tour Spot Available
Tasmania’s Birding and Wildlife
Our Tasmania tour is the perfect experience for those wanting to see all of Tasmania’s twelve endemic birds as well as the mammal highlights of Australia’s island state. In 5.5 fabulous days we will be searching for all of Tasmania’s endemic birds and iconic mammals like Tasmanian Devil, Platypus and Echidna. Tasmania boasts many species of plants and animals that are found nowhere else in the world: species which have either become extinct on the Australian mainland (eg. Tasmanian Devil, Eastern Quoll and Tasmanian Pademelon), or species which for various reasons, have always been confined to Tasmania, such as the Tasmanian endemic birds and plants.
Birdwatching in Tasmania
The ancient cool temperate rainforests of Tasmania contain a number of Gondwanan relicts plants, living fossils that have ancestors that can be traced back to the days when Australia was connected to other continents.
Twelve endemic birds are found in Tasmania and our aim is to see them all during this tour…!
Please note there are 2 departures scheduled for 2023. Please use the buttons below to download a tour-specific itinerary.
- All 12 Tasmanian endemics, including:
- Scrubtit, Green Rosella, Dusky Robin
- Black Currawong, Yellow Wattlebird
- Tasmanian Scrubwren, Forty-spotted Pardalote
- Strong-billed Honeyeater, Tas Native-hen
- Yellow-throated Honeyeater, Tasmanian Thornbill
- also: Tasmanian Morepork, Masked Owl
- Swift Parrot, Pink Robin
- Tasmanian Devil, Platypus, Spotted Quoll